3.6.10

Grrr...

It's been awhile since I wrote and to think that the thing I'm about to write on is my immaturity in dealing with failures. Failures or what we perceive as failures seem to emerge from a comparison against an ideal state which we want to achieve. In fact, failure seems too extreme a word. Maybe setbacks. As a perfectionist, they deal a heavy blow to me. Maybe I care too much... Even the continual reminder to myself that setbacks are part of life is too ineffective. Seems like there is still a long way to go for my mental health.
On a sidenote, it's been a wonderful year staying with friends in a not too accommodating flat. Time passes so quickly that the stay in London seems like a dream. In a few weeks' time, my examinations will be over. Couldn't say whether I'm overly glad but it would signal the end of the academic year and back to the 'real' life of another me. There are no regrets but just a tinge of sadness.
So much uncertainties, so many decisions to make. If only I could embrace the future and know what I want...

No comments: