2.2.11

CNY III

The memories of CNY I have were about feasting and there is no reason to change such traditions. Especially in the absence of families, we want to remind ourselves of home-cooked food.
Thus, with our budget, we scouted Billingsgate market and chinatown for our CNY feast.


Meat ball and dumplings


Broccoli with king scallops


Marmite chicken


Asian style baked salmon


Cereal prawns


Chili crab


Steamboat


Pandan cake


JH was the master chef. Since I have no classes that day, I met up with him to purchase the ingredients from chinatown. Who knew that we could spend 2 hrs just to shop for stuff! Anyway, we started preparing at 3pm. Defrosting the seafood, pounding the spices and preparing the sauces...
Then it was time to cook or rather JH to cook. Started with the cereal prawns and they smelt so good. At the same time, the marmite chicken were baking in the oven while I was wrapping the wonton. Next up were the chili crabs and sambal stingray. In my opinion, both were a pain to cook. Lol... Time passed quickly and friends arrived. With the broccoli and king scallops as our last dish, dinner was served.
And it was a feast indeed. There were not enough space for the food! A pity that we have no time to cook the steam pomfret, gong bao chicken and char siew... Oh well, the food was more than enough to feed 10 people.
Thanks JH for being a great chef and a great friend. This CNY dinner really up-ed the grand factor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Your feast look so much more superior than mine... haha... I cannot find crab here and prawns are expensive in my opinion....

WOW again!