Les Miserables, my first ever musical in London, was a wonderful experience. Organised by my hall, the tickets were relatively cheaper (22 pounds) and the seats are definitely worth it as it offered a centre view of the whole stage.
Bino for rent
Let's start with the stage and props. The stage is really wonderful: a normal stage but with a revolving centre and trap door which added many dimensions to a normal stage. The props are very interesting: buildings that allow actors to play to different heights got transformed into a barricade. Amazement is an understatement.
The actors are good, very good. Their acting superb, especially their splendid voices. Needless to say, the storyline is captivating (got me thinking about my drama days).
I am not surprised that it is the world's longest running musical, and I am certainly glad that I have caught it.
Poignant
"Do you hear the people sing?" kept repeating in my head.
Looking forward to my next musical: Avenue Q
No comments:
Post a Comment