Have always wanted to try out more Michelin star restaurants despite their price tag. Hence, with the remaining days in London, JH and I went to Kai which is a 1 star Michelin restaurant serving chinese cuisine.
It was lunch time and we ordered the set lunch which consisted of an appetiser, main course and dessert for 27 pounds. Of course, water was an additional charge...
| Szechuan miso soup |
The pre-starter was szechuan miso soup which had a single goji berry in a small bowl of spicy miso soup. Luckily it was still within my limits and the soft tofu was the best.
| Grilled diver scallop, spicy, salted soya bean sauce |
Next, I had an appetiser of scallop while JH got the crispy duck. I really love the texture of the scallop: tender and sweet. The spring onions and the sweet chilli was a nice combination. The crispy duck was decent too.
| Palate cleanser |
Following that, we had a palette cleanser of cucumber, lime, mint sorbet with a tinge of chilli and ginger. Ooh, really refreshing for a warm summer day.
| Sea bass |
The main course of sea bass was good but the portion was too small, in my opinion.
| 6 textures of chocolate |
Very interesting textures of chocolates and not too deterring.
| Post-meal |
Will I go there again? I don't think so... The service was excellent but I guessed I am not used to such splurging.
No comments:
Post a Comment