1.7.12

Day 2: And the beach-hopping continues

Cornish pasty

Woke up to a hearty breakfast of cornish pasties. Huge, overfilled with meat but somehow lacking in flavour... Still prefer my curry puffs.


The Lizard

Another day of adventure as we headed to the Lizard, the southern tip of inland UK. Thank goodness that it's low tide and we managed to see the beach. Looking at the fine sands with the tranquil turquoise waters, I thought of the Enid Blyton books that I had read when I was young. I could totally imagine those British summer retreats by the sea or those beach adventures.  


Ice cream by the beach

Of course the best would be an ice cream by the beach to combat the sunny weather (thank you). I was in ecstasy. Sad to say, the tide rose and the beach was gone. Following the high tide route, we left for our next destination.


Mullion cove

After the Lizard, Mullion cove paled in comparison and we didn't stay for long.


Porthleven beach

Lunch was at Porthleven beach. Another fish & chips for me. Somehow, this harbour reminded me of Pokemon. Lol, I should be living in reality.


St. Michael's mount

What's UK without the rain as the drizzle and high tide forced us indoors as we await for the tide to subside. However, time wasn't on our side as we rushed for our dinner appointment at Cadgwith cove.


Lobster thermidor at Cadgwith cove

The promise of lobster lured us to this restaurant. Somehow, the brits do not consume much lobsters despite the abundance. Ordered the lobster thermidor as well as medallions of monk which tasted similar to chicken. Oh, it was some soccer finals and we watched Italy versus Spain.

No comments: