13.10.10

Science museum






3D glasses


IMAX
Taking advantage of one of the rare days where I actually have no class, I went to the science museum. One of the three museums that is located next to my school, the science museum attracted me the most (maybe because I'm more of a science-y person). Similar to Science centre in Singapore, the museum has different zones devoting to different categories of science: automobiles, telecommunication, psychoanalysis etc, and they are very kids-friendly.
However, my main aim was to catch an IMAX show. Being a student has its benefits. Being an Imperial student is even better: it enables me to catch IMAX shows for free during off peak hours. Awesome!
The earliest possible show was Deep Sea 3D: a show narrated by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet (What!) about the different types of sea creatures and their roles in the ecosystem. The 3D effect was spectacular but I got a little dizzy after a while. Somehow, the show just talks about this and that, lacking a smooth transition. Still, I believe the 3D effect must have satisfied the kids.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so good... tt remind me... i haven been to the science museum here... hahs