29.10.10

Swim swim swim

Ah, went swimming to escape and also due to the fact that I have no lessons today (how rare was that) but got no idea where to whilst the time away (what a pity). Maybe because it was during lunch hours whereby the time was really tight, the swimmers today packed a competitive punch (I was panting while trying to keep in pace). That's not the worst part. Nearing the end of my exercise, this Chinese lady entered the pool. The tiny sexist in me thought that maybe now I could swim at a more relaxed pace... But, to my horror, she was gliding through the pool like a natural. Without a break in her routine, she overtook me a couple of times (oh my ego!). The only consolation was that she overtook all the people in my lane (including the brits). Well, I better work hard to catch up with this mermaid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha... I went swimming here as well... On the contrary, they have lanes for different standard... Some of them still using the floats. : )

Kelvin said...

I will definitely join the lane with the floats, so much more relaxing