From the released route of the wedding, there were many possible places to view the procession but SY and I opted for Buckingham palace. Well, it would be a great place to catch the balcony scene and the fly pass, and also the fact that Westminster was packed with campers days earlier. Thus, I wasn't surprised while en-route to Victoria station to hear the announcement that Westminster station was closed due to the heavy traffic. After all, it's a wedding where people from all over the world were coming to watch.
Armed with free periscopes, flags and tissues, we made our way to Buckingham palace grounds and to our dismay, the place was already 10 men deep. Not even with superb squeezing could secure a position near the palace, but I guessed it was good enough to be in the company of tourists and locals.
I admire kids who were be able to sit high up on their parents' shoulders, taking in the best view ever. However, such admiration were strictly reserved for kids and not to a specific teenage girl dressed in red who obscured the view for the rest of us.
Even though there weren't any live screenings at our position, the excitement made the wait bearable. Of course that meant that I would have to catch the whole action on BBC. All I could say was that Kate is really pretty!
It was truly a wonderful day with no signs of the predicted rain. How rare that London showed off all its glory and maybe as a prelude to the upcoming Olympics. Still, a marriage deserved its blessings and here's wishing them a truly everlasting marriage. Am looking forward to the Queen's diamond jubilee.
No comments:
Post a Comment