3.11.11

Belated Halloween 2011

Much as I lamented on not celebrating Halloween this year, the opportunity presented itself when JH didn't mind meeting up. Thus, in the midst of all the stressful timeline, the celebration for Halloween was on. First stop, getting the pumpkins. This was probably one of the hardest part since it's post Halloween and not many shops were selling them. Luckily, Waitrose still had them in stock, albeit at weird sizes.

Munchkins

I was told by JH that I picked the wrong pumpkins as their flesh were not ripe yet. All was not lost when we used the secret mushroom powder to enhance the taste.

Pumpkin soup


Stir fry carrots


Chicken in dark soy sauce


Egg tarts


Jack o lanterns

Definitely, Halloween comes with carving those Jack o lanterns. This year, I settled for something simpler while JH's housemate attempted the hello kitty. They looked pretty cute together. The only bad thing was that I had to miss trying out those egg tarts since I had to catch the last tube... Still, it was a wonderful belated Halloween. A great way to end a possibly last Halloween.

No comments: