25.5.12

Possibly the last meeting with supervisor

It was the first and perhaps the last meeting after the exams that I will be having with my project supervisor. In my opinion, it was weird since it had always been my supervisor who was steering the direction of my project.

As usual, this meeting with my supervisor was on a thin line between a waste of time and insightful. What happened was that he asked me if I will fail any subjects and I replied one. Instead of assurance, he told me that it's good that I fail and is perhaps one of the lessons that I can gain from Imperial. If this happened right after my paper, I might have gotten angry. However, what he said was probably true, albeit a painful lesson indeed.

Perhaps we are becoming too focussed on results and forgetting about the true lessons that a degree is supposed to bring. Then again, who am I to say that.

Better focus on my project!

No comments: