The four days of Diamond Jubilee event has finally concluded yesterday. It's the second time in history that a monarch celebrates 60 years of reign and I doubt there will be another. Of course, London sure showed the world that it was able to put up a splendid party: 1000 boats down river thames, star-filled concert, carriage procession and fly past. Certainly, I was glad to be in London then, even though I was stuck in labs. While others might think that it was boring, the pomp and pagentry never failed to amaze me. Just as the Queen reiterated the need for unity in diversity, the younger royals will have to modernise the age-old formula to embrace the new world.
Regardless, I really respect the Queen for her selfless devotion to her country and her vision of a commonwealth nation. While many her age would have retired, she saw it as her duty to serve her country. Not many could have her perserverence and this could be why the crowd loves her. I certainly hope to see the next jubilee in ten years' time and Long live the Queen!
No comments:
Post a Comment