8.11.10

Dinner at Pearl Liang

Met up with JH for dinner at Pearl Liang, a Chinese restaurant near Paddington tube. After hearing raving reviews from JH about this place, I could not resist not knowing. Thus, armed with a special discount available from its website, I braved the cold for the knowledge of a new eat-out location.



Stepping into the restaurant, I was greeted by the perfect ambiance for a great night out. The crowd were mostly businessmen in their smart attire while the poor student of me was dressed in a shabby windbreaker. Needless to say, I was there to try out recommendations from JH: lobster noodle and crispy roast duck.


Lobster noodle


Crispy roast duck


Not an experienced lobster-eater, I took a while to remove the meat from the shell. Still, the effort was worth it as the meat was succulent and sweet. Despite the oily noodles, this dish was awesome. The duck was another heaven sent. Its crispy skin with just the right amount of fats underneath and tender duck meat got me salivating.

Overall, I'll definitely be back once I save enough money.

No comments: