12.11.10

Dinner in Manchester

En-route to Lake District, JH and I stopped by Manchester to visit his sister. Since it was dark when we got there, we could not explore Manchester and settled for a dinner instead. JH's sis brought us to a teppanyaki restaurant. As I don't remember having been to any teppanyaki place, I was pretty excited about it.

Sapporo teppanyaki


Scary chef


Egg snake


Fried Sapporo potatoes & oily veg


Yakitori


How lucky for me that a few days back, I was craving for some yakitori and then my wish was granted. How should I rate my teppanyaki experience? Well, the chef's performance was theatrically awesome and definitely got the crowd working. Needless to say, the restaurant was packed. However, I didn't expect much for the food. Indeed, the dishes were mostly oily and salty. Still, the Sapporo potatoes were worth waiting for. Another interesting thing was that every table seemed to have a birthday celebration going on (free desserts?). The cynical me believed otherwise.

Overall, I would recommend it for parties perhaps, for the fun.

No comments: