6.11.10

Under the sky of shooting stars

Guy Fawkes night, a night of bonfire, was celebrated as a failed assassination on the king. It's usually held on the 5th November but Battersea park was having it on the weekend, which's perfectly fine by me. Thus began my two miles trek towards the park. As I'm generally bad with directions, I was glad that there were many people heading there as well.

By the time I joined the queue for tickets (the event's not free unless I were to miss half the fireworks...), it was ridiculously long (a couple was singing in front of me which made my wait more torturous...) and with no end in sight. I was worried that I would miss the fireworks. Luckily for me, the display started just as I was rushing into the compound.

As a first-timer, I was not sure what's in for me, but as the accompanying music 'Always look on the bright sight of life' started playing, I knew it would be a great night to relax and enjoy. Joining the huge crowd in the open area, we were treated to crowd-pleasing songs and massive display of pyrotechnics.






Bonfire!


The whole display clocked twenty minutes (I wished it could carry on much longer). The pyrotechnics may not be complex or overly beautiful, but somehow, standing under the clear sky with a bunch of strangers, I was entranced by the magnificence of the whole experience.

No comments: